Today has been a very busy day. Making condiments left right and centre. Zhoug is excellent with fish and rice. It doesn't last very long in the fridge but you'll have it for 2 weeks or so. It's just that the fresh coriander doesn't like sitting about very much.
What you'll need:
- 250g long green chillies
- ½ teaspoon green cardamom seeds, green husks removed, finely ground
- ⅓ teaspoon coriander seeds, ground
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, ground
- 4 tablespoon of roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 1½ cloves of garlic
- a small squeese of lemon
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
Chop the stems off chillis, cut them in half then with a teaspoon scrap membrane and seeds from the inside and roughly chop. Put everything except lemon and oil in a blender and pulse till everything is smooth. Transfer everything to a mixing bowl and add lemon and oil. Mix well and place in a sterilised jar. You should end up with just above 250g of Zhoug.